A Step by Step Guide to Planning Your Wedding
Posted in Ideas & Advice
The Engagement- Congratulations! There is nothing better than news of a Wedding, now time to start the planning!
Here’s our 16 steps to planning the perfect wedding day!
- Budget – try and work out every outgoing cost you may have with your Wedding and see if you will receive any financial help from your nearest and dearest.
- The Guests List – Whether you’re keeping it intimate or going all out! It is time to choose the most important people you will want to spend your special day with. Your guest numbers will will be vital when choosing the perfect venue.
- The Venue – Choosing the perfect venue is very important in making sure you enjoy your day! Whether it is a country house or barn there are plenty of options out there. Once decided, get in touch with the venue to see if your preferred date is free. If all is good secure the date and pay your deposit!
- Ceremony -It is very important to book your ceremony time with your church or registrar. They can get booked up quickly during the busy wedding season.
- Photographer -As soon as your wedding is confirmed it is best to book up with your preferred photographer well in advance.
- The Wedding Dress – For brides this is the exciting part, it will be one of the most special outfits they will wear! Invite along the people you trust the most and don’t be afraid to shop around. There is a dress out there for everyone! After the bride is sorted you can start and look for bridesmaids’ dresses.
- Flowers – The flowers are a significant part of the Wedding day. Meet with the florist so you can show them exactly what flowers you are looking for. This way they can make it more personalised.
- Stationary – Whether you are having it professionally made to doing it yourself, these are the little touches your guests will remember the most.
- Cake – Whether you are going for a traditional tiered cake or one made from cheese, you couldn’t have a Wedding without the cake. Remember to book a tasting session so you know you will enjoy what you are paying for.
- Hair & Make-up – always have a trial run well before your big day so you feel comfortable with your hair and make-up. It is best for them to come to you so there is no rushing around on the morning of your Wedding.
- Grooms-wear -Time for the groom to finalise what him and the ushers are wearing on the big day. Make sure they match with the theme and bridesmaids.
- Entertainment – Whether it is a singer during the ceremony or a band in the evening the entertainment is vital for the day. Ask your Wedding venue if they have any recommendations.
- Decorations – There are plenty of ways to keep costs low when choosing decorations. Your Wedding venue may always have some for you to use!
- Rings – leave enough time to choose the perfect Wedding rings, especially if you are having them made.
- Transport – book a way to arrive in style to your Wedding! There are plenty of quirky options.
- Final touches – make a list of all the last jobs you need to do and when they need to be completed by. Remember to confirm your final numbers and dietary requirements with your venue.